The traditional way of stripping and terminating steel wire armoured (SWA) cable is with a utility knife and a hacksaw. This can be hazardous and inherently unsafe. It also takes a long time and can be extremely difficult in tight spaces. With blades banned on lots of sites this can make cable work difficult.
The clever and innovative Steel Armoured Cable Stripper, or SACS for short, from British company E-Tech Components overcomes all these problems. It has been designed by a professional electrician who has managed to design a small, lightweight, ergonomically designed and extremely tough tool that takes repeated use in its stride.
- Works on all armoured and non-armoured concentric cables from 12 – 35 mm diameter
- Handles cables 3 core 2.5 to 3 core 70
- Cuts both circumferentially and longitudinally with 2 sets of rollers for a complete job
- Maximum cutting depth 3 mm
- Handily doubles up to cut copper and plastic pipe
- Body in aluminium for light weight, precision engineered working parts for long life
- Size just 140mm H x 56mm W x 85mm D and weight 400g
- Specially hardened blade for accurate cutting. Replacements available
- 3 year guarantee (excludes blade) for peace of mind
- Patented: GB2458720. Internation patents pending
Here at ToolOrders we cannot praise the SACS highly enough. It is well thought through and will enable you to terminate cables more neatly, safely and quicker (in fact the guys at SACS say 30% quicker!) than traditional methods, even in confined spaces. Once you have used it you will not go back to a knife and hacksaw!Buy SACS Tool Here